During the same trip to Buffalo we were going to celebrate my first Mothers' Day. The plans were made to have brunch withthe family at a nice restauraunt on the river. Joshua decided to take a nap before we left which allowed Sara, and everyone else, time to get ready baby-free. Unfortunately as departure time was getting closer Joshua was not waking up. Now until the trip to Buffalo Joshua would not nap for more than 45 minutes at a time, so I was expecting he'd wake up at any moment. I told everyone to go and we'd meet them . . . or so I thought. Th elittle man kept sleeping through. Several cell phone calls to and from the rest of my dining famil, later I gave up. I changed out of my dress and sat on the bedroom floor watching my little man sleep. The quiet time was actually a nice way to spend Mother's Day. I thought back on the previous year and how my life had changed. Just watching Joshua sleep was the best reminder of the gift he is to me. 


No comments:
Post a Comment