Ok so better late than never. Yes we celebrated the little man's birthday on time, but we've been so busy this summer that it's taken me three months to post the photos. Enjoy!

We started the day with our favorite red furry friend - ELMO! Elmo sange Joshua happy Birthday and he opened a couple of gifts.

Then we were off to see the midwives who delivered Joshua one year prior. Margie was a bit busy so we left her some cupcakes and continued on our day. As I parked at the Children's Museum I noticed Joshua had fallen asleep in the back seat, so I just enjoyed leaned back the seat and enjoyed some tunes while he napped. He must have known he would need the rest before such a long day.

We started our exploration in the toddler room where Joshua was instantly attracted to the cars. He sat in one would "drive" with the steering wheel, get out and start all over in the other one.
Next we splish splashed in the giant water table. Joshua was a bit short but that didn't stop him from climbing up to push the boats around.
Before leaving for our next adventure, Joshua met a friendly puppet with the same love for orange. I'm not sure what they were saying but both of them seemed to be laughing. 
We stopped back home to power up with lunch before heading out again. It wouldn't be a holiday without the appropriate bib from Nana.

Next we were off to the gym to bring yet more cupcakes to people. Poor Joshua thought I was going to drop him off in the KidZone daycare and started to cry. When we only dropped off the cupcakes and walked out the tears stopped. Being wise enough not to mix water, a camera, and a 1 year old the only photo taken was in the locker room. I just love his trunks.

He loves the water. I had to end our pool time as I saw his little lips staring to change color. If it was up to him, he'd still be in the pool splashing around.
We made it home, had some dinner and went for our evening walk. I wanted to wait for Michael before he ate his cake, but Joshua had other plans. After a full day and lots of excitement he was out cold. No cake for this Birthday boy.
Well no cake until the next day. I was so ready for him to love the cake and make a mess . . . he was ready to throw it on the floor and eat more fruit (how is this my child?). Yes the ladybug cupcake is all smooshed up but that is only because Michael and I did that to encourage him to make a mess and take a bite. After the first bite he tried to feed Luther the rest. Oh well - more for mommy and daddy. It's tough those sacrifices we make for our children.

I'm terrible and can't wait for a surprise, so when Joshua received his first birthday present in the mail from his NY cousins, I had to open it right away. This picture is the only time the entire Lego Thomas the Train set was put together. I'm not sure who enjoys it more; me trying to put it all togehter, or Joshua trying to take it all apart. 
It's hard to believe one year ago our lives changed instantly. Somehow someone thought we were trust worthy enough to take care of a new life. A year later this little piece of us both has grown to become his own person. Each day is filled with laughter (some at the verge of tears or insanity) and love. Joshua thank you for choosing your Daddy and I. We have had a great year with you!
1 comment:
What a cutie! When do I get to see you guys again?
Post a Comment