Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Nana and Grandpa Mehler summer visit

I was very excited for the first birthday cake eating. I imagined chocolate cake all over, and Joshua just planting his face directly into the pile of sugary goodness. When he not only refused to eat the caek, but also tried to feed it to the dog, I was crushed. I thought there must have been something wrong. Perhaps they mixed up the babies in the hospital when they took him for his hearing test or something. How could my chid not only turn down cake, but also chocolate?


My faith was restored when Nana and Grandpa Mehler came to visit. Nana was sampling some of the left-over cake with a little ice cream. Joshua came over to see what she was eating. He took a seat, and when offered some, he not only took a bite of ice cream but also asked for more.


It must be a Nana tradition to take joy in giving children sugary treats. I'm just happy it was only birthday cake and not snickers and coke like Michael's Nana used to give him.

No comments: