October 29th and the first of many snowy days to come here this winter in Meadville. When Joshua woke up I opened the blinds and pointed to the snow. After showing him the pretty new fallen snow he says, "Josh outside see snow." For the first time he id not protest changing his diaper and switching pajamas for warm clothes. We headed to the backyard at 7:45 this morning. Here is the video.He just stared at it for the longest time. Once I walked around in the snow he felt it was safe. And then he had enough. At the end of the video you will hear him say (in toddler speak) "blue cereal" known to us all as Rice Krispies. We went in for breakfast and then had to come back out to play in the snow again.
Some other snow pictures. I just love the bed head and sleepy eyes - he just couldn't wait to get outside.

Yesterday was Micahel's birthday and while he was at work Joshua helped me make his birthday cake. I needed to put in egg whites - well this just bothered Joshua. He wanted me to put in the whole egg so he grabbed the freshly crakced egg and dumped the whole thing in. He al helped stir with his own wisk and grabbed mine when he thought it would stir faster. After his arm got tired from stirring he would pull out the wisk, lick it, and then continue stirring.After it was all done, Joshua saw me place the decorated cake in the fridge. The rest of the day he would walk over to the fridge and open it. One time I found him sitting on the kitchen floor with the fridge door wide open. he was staring at the cake like it was TV. He kept saying "look cake" "da-da birthday cake" As soon as Michael came home he opened the fridge, showed him the cake and said Joshua eat da-da birthday cake.
As you all know I will let Joshua eat sugar - in moderation. He ususally has cupcakes without frosting so when given the option of a piece of the cake or a plain cupcake Joshua chose the cupcake.

No comments:
Post a Comment