Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chocolate Liss

So Joshua thinks he is sly. He comes into the kitchen while I am washing dishes and slides the step stool into the dining room. I go to follow him and he puts his little hand up, "no mommy. stay kitchen. wash dishes. mommy go kitchen." He then closes the door between the dining room and kitchen. Of course I give him a moment and then peek through the door. There he is up on the step stool with the bowl of hershey kisses. By the pile of wrappers he had already consumed 3. He turns to see me peeking through and gives me a melted chocolate mouthed smile. I am not sure what I appreciate more - his love for chocolate or his train of thought in securing the coveted treat.

3 comments:

Bopa said...

So glad you are updating your blog again! Also, so nice to hear from you.. Joshua is gorgeous! I would love to see him in person.. Maybe we'll have a five year reunion? Or maybe you will come up to visit Hannah and I in Vermont? About the bath thing, Priya hated bath water on her head for a VERY LONG TIME.. Not too long ago, someone gave me the tip to let her put a washcloth over her eyes when its time to pour water over her head, and this has worked miracles. Gradually, she let the whole protest go.

Anonymous said...

You sound like you miss Richmond so much...you should move back...say tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

come on back home baby!